AEGEE-Budapest became a partner in the “Gender through the screen” project which has been co-founded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Action KA2 programme.
The project seeks to foster and encourage advocacy for gender equality by the use of media and by training youth workers on how they can better report, show case and promote gender equality through the biggest mediums and communication channels they use for their everyday job. Our project addresses gender as an equality issue, with positive approach to diminish the negative stereotypes and discrimination related to sex and/or gender.
Bringing together in a consortium various NGO’s across EU and WB, the project is the best spot for the youth workers to not only discuss the problematic and come up with suggestions for a better portray of gender issues, but also as a practical example that shall encourage each participants, partner association, collaborator and other beneficiaries to take the gender issues in consideration when drafting their communication strategies and while reporting their youth activities and/or any other project to the media.
- Train youth workers/leaders and young people on how to better report gender equality in the media, as well as fight the gender stereotypes and portrayed by various mediums.
- Support and improve skills of youth workers by giving them practical and professional skills in various type of media approaches (written, audio, visual, photo etc).
- Increase the awareness about importance of gendered media and societies;
- Analyze existing cases and design a structured strategy on how to report youth work, gender mainstreaming and gender culture in the media;
- Foster the participation of youth workers in taking role of media advocates and ensure ethical conduct in the media world.
- Promote the Erasmus + YiA Programme as a strong tool for promoting gender issues through media
- Create an effective practice that can be used by all the partner promoters and the wider networks.
Composed of a set of 3 activities the project in itself comes as a full package where participants will be able to improve existing skills and gain new ones. These stops are:
Activity 1 – Kickoff Meeting , Skopje, Macedonia, 23-26. 02. 2018
Activity 2 – Training for youth workers , Durres, Albania, 23-30. 03. 2018.
Activity 3 -Youth Exchange “Gender positive” , Prizren, Kosovo
Activity 4 – Seminar, Vranje, Serbia
Through the planned workshops of each three activities the following skills, knowledge and attitudes are to be gained:
- Improved understanding of gender issues, gender equality and mainstreaming.
- Acquiring skills and knowledge on how to better portray gender issues in the media, being that visual, written, printed or social media.
- Foster attitudes in ethical conduct in media in terms of promotion of gender equality as human rights issue.
- Exploring legal tools and frameworks to promote equality through media and communication strategies for each association
- Improving skills in reporting activities on various media
- Gaining more professional skills in journalism field and how to better write articles related to gender
- Support self-development of participants though learning by doing, reflective learning and learner centered approach.
- Interpersonal skills and attitudes fostered and practiced in a safe learning space
- Improved team work skills and leadership attitudes in multicultural environment
- Practicing and improving communication skills
- Basic skills in video making and photo reporting related to gender equality.
You can get more information at the official website: http://gtts.ka2project.net/
or ask us firstname.lastname@example.org