“The new Democratic Wo/Men of the Western Balkans” is an international Visegrad funded project with 7 partner organisations. The project aims to increase the awareness of democratic processes among youth of the Western Balkans and enhance youth participation in policy-making processes.
Throughout the project, young people will:
- get involved in real and actual political various issues that challenge the nation,
- solve problems faced by nations modeled by a variety of actual problems,
- learn about the importance of leadership, organisation, and getting involved with local and national activism, and
- adapt their knowledge and skills to be able to become an active citizen promoting democracy.
A total of 108 active and aspiring young leaders (18-30 y/o) from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and North Macedonia, who are high school and university students, junior/ entry-level employees working in the civil, state and business sector, will participate in three meetings (2 on-line meetings and the final event in Sarajevo) which will consist of 7 modules (2-3 per meeting):
- introduction to democracy (political process and administration),
- linking legislation of practice (impact of legislation to the social system, business environment, etc.),
- local politics (vertical division of power and competencies),
- active civil sector (human rights, watchdogs of democracy),
- communication and campaigns (ethics and integrity, public speaking, political marketing),
- project management (management, fundraising, stakeholders mapping),
- critical thinking (argumentation, fake news).
- Humanity in Action – Bosnia and Herzegovina – coordinator
- Institute of Central Europe – Poland
- ALFA Centar – Montenegro
- Strategic Analysis – Slovakia
- Euro-Atlantic Council of Macedonia – North Macedonia
- Európai Hallgatók Hálózatának Egyesülete (AEGEE-Budapest) – Hungary
- Be international – Czech Republic