AEGEE-Budapest is a partner in the “Gender through the screen” project which has been co-founded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Action KA2 programme. The project seeks to foster and encourage advocacy for gender equality by the use of media and by training youth workers on how they can better report, showcase and promote gender equality through the biggest media and communication channels they use for their everyday job. Our project addresses gender as an equality issue, with a positive approach to diminish the negative stereotypes and discrimination related to sex and/or gender.
Bringing together in a consortium various NGO’s across EU and WB, the project is the best spot for the youth workers to not only discuss the problems and come up with suggestions for a better portrayal of gender issues, but also as a practical example that shall encourage each participant, partner association, collaborator and other beneficiaries to take the gender issues into consideration when drafting their communication strategies and while reporting their youth activities and/or any other project to the media.
- Train youth workers/leaders and young people on how to better report gender equality in the media, as well as fight gender stereotypes as portrayed by various media.
- Support and improve skills of youth workers by giving them practical and professional skills in various type of media approaches (written, audio, visual, photo etc).
- Increase awareness about the importance of gendered media and societies;
- Analyze existing cases and design a structured strategy on how to report youth work, gender mainstreaming and gender culture in the media;
- Foster the participation of youth workers in taking the role of media advocates and ensure ethical conduct in the media world.
- Promote the Erasmus + YiA Programme as a strong tool for promoting gender issues through media
- Create an effective practice that can be used by all the partner promoters and the wider networks.
Through the planned workshops of each three activities, the following skills, knowledge and attitudes are to be gained:
- Improved understanding of gender issues, gender equality and mainstreaming.
- Acquiring skills and knowledge on how to better portray gender issues in the media, let it be visual, written, printed or social media.
- Fostering attitudes in ethical conduct in media in terms of promotion of gender equality as a human rights issue.
- Exploring legal tools and frameworks to promote equality through media and communication strategies for each association
- Improving skills in reporting activities on various media
- Gaining more professional skills in journalism field and how to better write articles related to gender
- Supporting self-development of participants though learning-by-doing, reflective learning and a learner-centered approach.
- Interpersonal skills and attitudes fostered and practiced in a safe learning space
- Improved team work skills and leadership attitudes in a multicultural environment
- Practicing and improving communication skills
- Basic skills in video making and photo reporting related to gender equality.
Composed of a set of 3 activities the project in itself comes as a full package where participants will be able to improve existing skills and gain new ones. These stops are:
Activity 1 – Kickoff Meeting , Skopje, Macedonia, 23-26. 02. 2018
Activity 2 – Training for youth workers , Durres, Albania, 23-30. 03. 2018.
Activity 3 -Youth Exchange “Gender positive” , Prizren, Kosovo, 22-30. 04. 2018
Description: A3_Youth Exchange
Activity 4 – Seminar, Vranje, Serbia, 23-29. 06. 2018
Application is here for 3 person.
Deadline: continuous until 3 person
You can get more information at the official website: http://gtts.ka2project.net/
or ask us firstname.lastname@example.org